Job Opening for Project Developer for Trinity House
Project Developer (contract) — Trinity House
Job Title: Project Developer (contract) for Trinity House, a safe, welcoming, and supportive transitional home for LGBTQ homeless youth.
Accepting applications: 9/19/17 – 10/6/17
Organization Name: Trinity Episcopal Church, which welcomes all
City: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary and duration of contract: Competitive fee, commensurate with experience. The contract period is to be mutually determined, though fast implementation is preferred.
Job description: The Trinity House project developer will be responsible for creating a program, budget, and strategic plan for a new transitional home tailored to the needs of LGBTQ homeless youth.
The organization: Trinity House is being developed by Trinity Episcopal Church. Trinity House will never advocate conversion therapy, tolerate discrimination, or ask that youth or staff engage in religious activities. Its premise is that LGBTQ homeless youth need a supportive environment that is both physically and psychologically safe.
- Work with Trinity House’s implementation team to set up a timeline for work and a system of accountability.
- Develop a program for LGBTQ homeless youth in consultation with the implementation team. The program should be in line with relevant grant requirements and follow best practices.
- Create a budget and strategic plan.
- Apply for 501(c)(3) status for Trinity House.
- Oversee the licensure process.
- Communicate with partner organizations.
- Other duties as negotiated.
- All work will be done in coordination with the implementation team at TrinityEpiscopal Church. This team includes representation from Indiana Youth Group, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, and other community members. After a 501(c)(3) is established, the project developer will report to the Trinity House board of governors.
Requirements: Experience in program or project management in social work, housing, youth services, LGBTQ advocacy, or a related field. An MSW is preferred but not required. A religious affiliation is not necessary.
To apply: Send cover letter and résumé to [email protected]