Service Corps Program Director & Associate for Spiritual Care
Reports to Associate for Outreach and Congregational Development
Send resume and letter of interest and 3 references to email@example.com.
OTM profile welcome, but not required.
Applications will be considered as received, until the position is filled.
Trinity Indy is seeking an energetic priest or lay person to share in leadership of a resourced, vital urban parish of over 350 households. We look forward to welcoming a creative collaborator to a new position: leading our new Trinity Service Corps, an intentional community of young adults who will live on our campus and serve in our community. They will also have primary oversight over our shared spiritual formation programming and pastoral care. If a priest, the Associate, like all clergy at Trinity, will be a generalist, engaging in preaching, Sacrament, new member incorporation, and pastoral care.
Trinity Episcopal Church, founded in 1919 in the heart of midtown Indianapolis, is a diverse and dynamic church with a passion for outreach, music and liturgy, and spiritual formation for all ages. Our parish balances love for tradition with a desire to put faith into action, sustaining vital community partnerships while creating new initiatives that respond to critical social needs— most recently Trinity Haven, our state’s first dedicated residence for LGBTQ+ youth. Trinity offers learning for parishioners of all ages. Following a robust Sunday School, we offer a vital Rite 13 and J2A youth program, with youth pilgrimages biannually and extensive music and liturgical leadership opportunities for children. Our adult formation includes large forum learning and small group opportunities, and we are interested in expanding our small group program.
We seek a colleague who is warm, generous, flexible, imaginative, technologically savvy, curious and humorous, with a passion for Jesus Christ, experience with diverse populations, and strong liturgical and preaching skills. Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively are essential to this position. We are open either to a newly ordained priest/deacon, a longer tenured priest, or a lay leader with related professional experience.
Trinity is passionate about diversity. To reflect our worshiping community and the fullness of God’s beloved, we are eager for BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply for this position. Trinity Episcopal Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Adult Christian and Intergenerational Formation
- Work with the rector and other clergy, lay leaders, and staff to shape the direction and planning of the Adult Formation and intergenerational programming.
- Develop and manage the budgets for Adult Formation.
- Organize small groups/discipleship groups, lead appropriate age and demographic specific groups, such as Young Adults, Women’s Bible Study, etc.
- Maintain and track shared pastoral care list for clergy team.
- Administrate the clergy emergency call schedule and rotas for regular Eucharistic visits to homebound and nursing home parishioners.
- Provide training and guidance to lay pastoral care volunteers.
As Trinity Service Corps Program Director:
- Corps formation: developing weekly format, recruiting faculty, planning retreats.
- Corps member recruitment and support.
- Mentor recruitment, matching, and support.
- Overseeing the program budget, in collaboration with Trinity’s Director of Operations.
Partner Organizations Outreach and Recruitment
- Sustain relationships with existing partner organizations.
- In collaboration with the Associate for Outreach and Justice, recruit new partner organizations.
- Provide support in relationship between Corps members and Placement Site Supervisors.
Chair Advisory Board
- Recruit new members to board with an eye towards broadening participation of area Episcopalians.
- Oversee fundraising efforts with an eye towards grant reporting and research of new grant opportunities.
Engage the Broader Episcopal Service Corps Network
- Attend Annual Program Directors retreat.
- Attend Monthly PD call-ins.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Priestly/General Parish Function
- Share in leading worship, preaching, and the administration of the sacraments with the Rector and other clergy.
- Participate in the life of the Diocese of Indianapolis through attendance at clergy and Episcopal gatherings.
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon with the rector.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Lively, contagious Christian faith.
- Love of people of all ages.
- Demonstrable experience with young adults.
- Managerial, administrative experience.
- Pastoral, collaborative, dynamic, and thoughtful leadership style.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work in teams, flexibility, good sense of humor.
- Ability to use technology, specifically Google, Microsoft Office, and social media.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Priest or Transitional Deacon ordained in the Episcopal Church, or demonstrable, related lay experience.
- Master’s degree in Divinity, or significant theological training or education.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary with liturgical and staff schedules.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Trinity Episcopal Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Send resume and letter of interest and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OTM profile welcome, but not required.
- Applications will be considered as received, until the position is filled.