Executive Assistant (part-time)
Trinity Episcopal Church, a progressive and diverse Episcopal Church at 33rd and Meridian Streets in Indianapolis, seeks to hire a part-time Executive Assistant responsible for supporting the Rector and the Director of Administration & Finance.
- Submit a cover letter to include salary requirements and resume to [email protected]g
- Please no phone calls. Email inquiries only.
- Trinity Episcopal Church is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE). We are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Trinity Episcopal Church, Indianapolis, IN seeks a (part-time) Executive Assistant responsible for supporting the Rector and the Director of Administration & Finance.
A face of Trinity Episcopal Church, the Executive Assistant assists the rector and serves as a warm and welcoming presence who upholds the Trinity staff values of mission- focused hospitality, stewardship, service, communication, and respect for all. The job is high paced and diverse in its daily activities and requires an in-person work environment. 18-20 hours per week, pay scale $18-20/hr. After some months, the position may be expandable to full-time with full benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE
- Manages Rector’s daily schedule/calendar, correspondence, speaking engagements, and travel coordination; acting as the primary contact person for the Rector to schedule meetings and other commitments
- Provides hospitable welcome for visitors and callers
- Assists Rector and Director of Finance with development campaigns and development-related events
- Supports Director of Administration & Finance to track key performance measures: attendance, donations, newcomers, incoming pastoral calls, baptisms, marriages, deaths, etc.
- Supports Director of Communications in maintenance of parish-wide calendar
- Maintains proper filing systems to ensure access to important records.
- Attends weekly meetings as assigned, prepares agendas in collaboration with program leaders, provides follow-up notes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with good prioritizing skills: can manage multiple deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities
- College degree or business training
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and customer service
- High level of discretion in dealing with sensitive data and confidential matters
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office suite, Excel, PowerPoint (and/or Apple versions of these apps). Knowledge of Realm / ACS is a plus
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Familiar with enews apps (Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
- Can utilize social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with Episcopal liturgy and church practices.
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in business administration, communications, fundraising or related field and three years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience as required.
Previous administrative experience working in a non-for-profit organization, church, or business environment is desired.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter to include salary requirements and resume to [email protected] . Please no phone calls. Email inquiries only.
Trinity Episcopal Church is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE). We are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.