Register for Martin Luther King Day of Service | Monday, January 15
Adults, Teens, and Children. Register Below. Meet at your registered site at 9AM.
(REGISTRATION IS FULL) Indiana Youth Group (IYG): Support, programs and events to build caring communities for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer youth.
- Activity: Sorting and organizing canned goods, supplies and clothes.
- Location: 3733 N. Meridian Street.
- Who: Adults with children and teens; 10 – 15 volunteers
- Contact Person: Mother Julia Whitworth ([email protected])
(REGISTRATION IS FULL) Dayspring Center: Emergency shelter for homeless families with children.
- Activity: Preparing and serving breakfast to shelter residences.
- Location: 1537 N. Central Avenue
- Who: Adults with children and teens; 5 – 7 volunteers
- Contact Person: Mother Karen ([email protected]) and Jan Gould ([email protected])
Mapleton Fall Creek Development Corporation / Fall Creek Gardens: Fosters growth within the Mid-North areas by connecting neighborhood partners to help, serve, revitalize, stimulate, and invest resources to rebuild an affordable, safe and vital community.
- Activity: Distribute mulch throughout the walkways and garden plots and general clean-up of the land around the gardens and buildings. Tools, gloves, trash bags, shovels, wheel barrows and coffee will be provided.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their favorite work gloves and tools.
- Please note: The event will be cancelled if it is snowing or below freezing.
- Location: Fall Creek Gardens – 30th and Central Ave.
- Who: Adults with children and teens; 10 – 12 volunteers
- Contact Person: TBA
Easterseals /Crossroads: Educational opportunities, activities and training for children and adults with various physical disabilities.
- Activity: Assist with art projects, interacting, playing games, and learning activities with adults with disabilities. Other opportunities include cleaning children’s therapy rooms and sensory gyms.
- Location: 4750 Kingsway Drive – Adult Day Services Program
- Who: Adults and teens, ages 12 years old and older; 10 – 15 volunteers
- Contact Person: Bill Coleman ([email protected])