The nominating committee of the vestry is beginning the search for, and selection of, nominees for next year’s vestry class to be elected at the Annual Parish Meeting on Sunday, January 29, 2017.
The nominating committee of the vestry consists of The Rev’d Julia E. Whitworth, Trinity Junior and Senior Wardens, and the members of the vestry class of 2017 who will rotate off at the Annual Parish Meeting: Keenan Buoy, Bill Coleman, Christy Jacobi, George Plews, and Steven Stolen.
If you would like to recommend someone to be nominated for the vestry, please contact:
- Senior Warden John Bridge at (317) 431-4322 or [email protected], or
- Junior Warden Leigh Ann Hirschman at leighann
- or any of the other members of the Nominating Committee.
Recommendations for nominations should be submitted to the Nominating Committee no later than December 5, 2016.
The vestry is the leadership council of the parish, and new vestry members are elected at the January annual meeting. They work closely with the rector to define the mission and direction of the parish and manage the parish’s operations, finances, and property. Vestry members are an example of commitment, participation, and support of the life of the parish.
Over the three-year term, their responsibilities include:
- Representing the congregation as the fiduciary decision-making body of the parish;
- Serving as a council of advice and support to the rector and clergy of the parish;
- Serving as liaisons on commissions and as members of assigned committees;
- Attending monthly and special meetings, as well as retreats and training sessions;
- Assisting the clergy to seek out and promote lay leadership for present and future needs of the parish.
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
3243 North Meridian
Indianapolis, IN 46208-4677
Monday – Thursday
9:00AM – 4:00PM
Friday Summer Hours
9:00AM – 12Noon