The vestry is the leadership council of the parish, and new vestry members are elected at the January annual meeting. They work closely with the rector to define the mission and direction of the parish and manage the parish’s operations, finances, and property. Vestry members are an example of commitment, participation, and support of the life of the parish.
Over the three-year term, their responsibilities include:
- Representing the congregation as the fiduciary decision-making body of the parish;
- Serving as a council of advice and support to the rector and clergy of the parish;
- Serving as liaisons on commissions and as members of assigned committees;
- Attending monthly and special meetings, as well as retreats and training sessions;
- Assisting the clergy to seek out and promote lay leadership for present and future needs of the parish.